Monday, December 14, 2009

>>>Mattaji>>>




This is a most remarkable dakini. During my stay in Nepal between 1982-1992 I went to see
her many times for darshan. For over seven years she never left a small cement room at
one of Hinduism's holiest places, Pausupatinath. For the entire period and some time
before, she took no food or water, and often spent days on end in breathless samadhi. I
hadn't seen her in over 12 years and was not sure I would find her at her previous dwelling. I
went there and found her room empty; but upon gazing about the large courtyard, I saw her
in the distance teaching some devotees beneath a tree. I approached her and reminded her
who I was. She remembered me immediately and actually cried several times reminiscing
about the many times I brought my daughters and their Mom to see her, and many other
people as well. I requested her to talk a bit about her life and how she acquired the siddhi of
not needing food or drink for so long. This led into a talk lasting over two hours that
covered not only much of her life, but yogic practices as well, and her insights while in
samadhi. She also discussed the world's recent calamities, both natural disasters and man
made ones. Among the interesting insight she had while in samadhi was a vision of the
king's assasination before it happened. When she mentioned it, an elder sitting beside me
acknowledged that she had mentioned the vision to him before the unfortunate event
occurred.

Look for a bio of her life here in a week or two. Also, fortuneately I had my ipod with me and
recorded our entire conversation. I will also post this when I have time to translate it.


Richard Diary