Thursday, January 7, 2010

>>>The Wind Doth Blow>>>

The Wind Doth Blow
---Clara Wersterfer---
 
Standing on the lookout point on the mountain the wind blew with such force one couldn't raise your head or open the eyes wide enough to see the scenic overview of thebeautiful valley below.
I sought the shelter of the gift shop and sat, angry that I couldn't stand on the crest of the mountain and enjoy the view. The gale force wind had spoiled my Sunday outing.  I had always disliked wind. As a child, it was difficult for Mother to get me to go outside to play on windy days. When the temperatures dropped, the wind chill factor made it seem so much colder. Papers from overfull trash cans blew into our yard. It was my job to pick them up. Mom's pot plants turned over on our front porch, spilling dirt breaking plants and pots. I hated the wind. My husband and I bought a house on three acres of land. Seemed that all I did was
pick up twigs and small branches from the yard to prevent the lawn mower from grinding them and dulling the blades. More reason to hate the wind. Shortly before Christmas that year, a friend I hadn't seen in a while, paid me a surprise visit. When I answered the door, the wind was blowing hard. "Look what the wind blew in" laughed my friend. "This is the
first time in my life I appreciate the wind since  it blew you my way" I retorted as we hugged. "Are you kidding me? I love the wind." Jan said, settling in an easy chair. "Think of all the good things it does. It carries plant and flower seeds from one place to
another. Combs all the dead twigs and limbs out of the trees, making them easier to pick up. Pushes the beautiful sailboats around on the waterways. It even blows dirt from one place to another, changing paths. It strips the leaves from the trees to make room for new ones, depositing them on the ground to protect your plants from freezing. The wind works harder than the sun, moon or rain. Think of hot summer days when a nice, cooling breeze comes along and fans your body. Those lovely little breezes are baby winds.
I could go on and on about the wonders of the wind. My thoughts are that it is one of God's special things that He made for our benefit. In His wisdom, knowing our needs, He provided the wind." Suddenly I felt very ashamed for having berated poor Mr Wind all these years.
My friend had given me a different perspective on one of God's most valuable creations. Henceforth the wind would receive more respect from me and a lot less complaints. I even sent a Thank You note attached to my prayers that night.


--
With Love,
Ganesh Baba
http://kriyababa.blogspot.com/

To get spiritual mails
http://groups.yahoo.com/subscribe/spiritual_inspiration